NEoN Digital Arts Festival are excited to announce we are recruiting for a Festival Producer to facilitate our annual programme. This includes the management of pop-up events throughout the year and our annual festival in November.
The Producer will work closely with the core team on the development and delivery of the 2020 NEoN Digital Arts festival. Taking a lead on the effective operations of the festival and delivery of all related programme outputs. You will play a vital role in the success of the programme, working closely with the Director, Festival committee, Outreach Coordinator, Festival Communications Coordinator, artists and partners across multiple venues.
- An excellent understanding for (and passion for) digital/visual contemporary arts locally, nationally and internationally, including issues and practicalities of working in the public realm across digital culture and art.
- Experience of working closely with artists and curators on new commissions, exhibitions and event production, specifically festivals and public realm projects that implement digital and technology driven art.
- Experience of managing projects and activities with a range of different audiences.
- Demonstrable experience of project management on similar scale to NEoN Festival productions.
- Experience of managing negotiations with artists, technical teams, venues, partners and suppliers, then reporting requirements and updates to other team members and partners in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to assess technical requirements and work with technical team to ensure all requirements are met.
- Commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- Experience of managing project budgets on target.
- Strong and proven administrative and IT skills – general clerical tasks, communicating, computing, organising, planning, and scheduling.
- Ability to self-manage, be self-motivated, and manage and motivate others.
- A collaborative attitude and ability to work within a small, committed team.
- Flexibility, commitment and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of regional and cultural networks.
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with people from a wide range of different backgrounds in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
- Full clean driving license.
- Experience of digital arts festivals/events.
- Fundraising and advocacy experience.
A small budget for professional development is available – these will be mutually beneficial and to be agreed with management.
KEY INFORMATION– 12 Month Fixed Term, 35 hours a week, Salary: £24,000. Possibility of additional hours for funded projects with partners in the future. Extended contract subject to funding. Please use links below for full job information.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV (no more than 2 pages and including at least two referees) alongside a supporting statement (600 words max) highlighting how your experience meets the skills and experience criteria outlined. As part of your application please supply links to online examples of your previous work relevant to this role. Please also complete and return the equalities monitoring document found here.
GUIDANCE NOTES FOR APPLICANTS.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 17:00 MONDAY 10 February 2020. To submit your application or for any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please insert APPLICATION FESTIVAL PRODUCER as the subject. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and invited to an interview in Dundee in late February 2020. Skype interviews will be considered.
The start date is expected to be mid March 2020. To be agreed by both parties.
NEoN is proud to be supported by Creative Scotland’s RFO programme.